As part of WCRP's ongoing commitment to education and capacity development and to train the next generation of climate experts, a limited number of travel grants are available to enable and support participation of students and early career scientists to attend the school.
Grants will be assigned based on financial need and scientific merit of proposed presentation described in the abstract, contribution to school and all supporting documents (see below). Priority will be given to:
- Students: those pursuing their graduate studies (MSc, PhD)
- Early Career Scientists: post-graduates and researchers who received their highest degree in 2011 or later
- Merit of proposed presentation described in the abstract and relation with the Summer School topics
How to Qualify for Financial Support
In order to qualify for financial support the applicant must do the following:
- Submit an abstract (300 words maximum) of a paper to the school, of which he/she is the principal author; and
- Submit a short Curriculum Vitae (1 page maximum) that includes their contact information, their status (e.g., student or early career scientist).
- Submit a brief statement (300 words maximum) indicating the scientific motivation and expected benefits of his/her participation in the Summer School. In addition, if the applicant must state if they have received support from WMO/WCRP in the past.
- If the applicant is a student, she/he must send a letter from her/his supervisor, supporting her/his attendance.
Click here to access the application page.
We strongly encourage the applicant to secure a significant proportion of financial support from national/institutional sources. As part of the application process, the applicant will need to provide evidence of such support, if applicable. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Scientific Committee has been established to review all the applications and select the successful candidates based on the importance of their contributions to the conference. Successful applicants will be notified of the results of the selection process by July 10th 2017.